For a product to be certified USDA organic, it’s required to meet specific standards:
- Organic crops cannot be grown with synthetic fertilizers, synthetic pesticides or sewage sludge.
- Organic crops cannot be genetically engineered or irradiated.
- Animals must eat only organically grown feed and can’t be treated with synthetic hormones or antibiotics.
- Animals must have access to the outdoors, and ruminants (hoofed animals, including cows) must have access to pasture.
- Animals cannot be cloned.
A USDA inspection seal means that your food meets certain quality standards and has been inspected and graded by USDA.
Our manufacturer is NSF accredited. Which means, our products are 3rd party tested with every batch. 3rd party testing assures consumers that products have been rigorously tested to comply with standard requirements.
All of our Bello products are Good manufacturing practice (GMP). This means that the manufacturer is licensed to practice within a set guideline to ensure products are consistently high in quality with each batch.